Greetings from Marian College Kuttikkanam!!
Marian College Kuttikkanam is a NAAC accredited (A grade with 3.45 CGPA) Government aided college managed by the Catholic Diocese of Kanjirapally and affiliated to MG University. It has been conferred the status of “College with Potential for Excellence (CPE)” by UGC, a highly acclaimed recognition at the national level.
As part of the decennial year celebrations, School of Social Work Marian College Kuttikkanam & International Council on Social Welfare (ICSW), South Asia Region Committee, in collaboration with Kerala Institute of Local Administration (KILA) and with the support of United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) is organizing an International Conference on Social Protection: Perspective and Policies. It will be a platform for researchers, academicians, social work practitioners, activists and students of Social Work to share their perspectives, observations and experiences, and to engage with a larger group on the theme.
The conference will be held from 12th – 14th December followed by an opportunity for a one-day tour for interested participants on 15th December. The 12th of December will be devoted exclusively for Students’ Presentations. Price money worth Rs.3000 as first prize and Rs.2000 as second prize and 1000 as third prize will be awarded for the best student presentation.
We cordially invite your esteemed presence and participation for this noble cause to enhance policies and practice for inclusive social development. Feel free also to circulate this with your friends, peers, and anyone else who may be interested.
The Conference Secretariat
School of Social Work
Marian College Kuttikkanam
Idukki – 685531
Theme of the Conference
Social Protection: Perspectives and Policies
The social protection perspective is seen as more comprehensive than perspectives such as poverty and deprivation, human development, social security, and human rights. Social protection policies are expected to address insecurities related to the failure to meet basic economic and social needs – requiring promotional policies, as well as those related to unexpected contingencies‐ requiring protective policies (UNESCO‐ICSSR Research Meeting 2010). Inclusive policies should address the issues of labor, the role of markets, and ethnic, caste, and gender ‐based disadvantages. In this backdrop the conference envisages discussions on the following sub‐themes.
- Social Protection Labour and Employment
- Social Protection and Agricultural Sector
- Social Protection and the Homeless
- Social Protection and Minorities (racial, religious, etc.)
- Social Protection and Gender
- Social Protection and Children
- Social Protection and the Elderly
- Social Protection and People with Disability
- Social Protection and persons with mental illness
- Social Protection and Commercial sex workers
Students Paper Presentations
Selected papers will be presented in concurrent sessions. Each paper presenter will be allotted a maximum of 15 minutes – 10minutes for presentation and 05 minutes for questions and discussions.
Notification of Acceptance: Authors will be notified of the acceptance of their abstracts by
November 15, 2012. The full papers should be submitted before November 30, 2012
For registration – https://socialprotectionconference.wordpress.com/accomodation/
Registration fee for students presentations’- Rs.950
Guidelines for Abstracts
- Abstracts are to be in English, and can be attached as a word document and e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org alternatively to email@example.com
- Abstracts submitted for consideration in the students’ presentations on December 12 are requested to keep the subject line as ‘Student Presentation’
- Final Date for Receiving Abstracts: 30th October 2012
- Graduates and Post graduates from any discipline and who completed their course on March 2012 can apply.
Abstracts should include:
Presenter details (names, addresses, telephone numbers, fax, and e-mail address)
Title (not to exceed 15 words)
A brief description of methodology
Abstract of 300 words
4 – 5 key words